Real spun iron pans with an easily detachable handle for convenient storage and carrying. This pan isn't a thin camping toy, it's got a secure handle, held on with solid brass wing nuts. It has hand made British oak handle covers you can take off if the pan needs to go into the oven or grill.
The pans have the Netherton Foundry tried and tested pre-seasoned easy clean flax oil finish that can be restored at home when required.
- Pre-seasoned with flax oil for a natural non-stick finish
- Durable 99.1% pure iron pan with sturdy riveted handle
- Suitable for high temperature frying & browning
- Use on camping stoves and open fires.
- Remove handle covers when using in the oven or grill.
- Can also be used on range stoves, electric, gas, ceramic, halogen & induction hobs (heat slowly to keep flat).
Why choose a pre-seasoned pan ?
No chemicals or PTFE are used in the coating of the pan.
The edible Sussex flax oil coating is easy to wash & naturally non-stick.
It is ready for immediate use.
Coating can be simply restored at home, time after time.
Iron pans are tough and can be used at very high temperatures.
This iron pan is suitable for all types of hobs, grills and ovens.
Iron is a pure, simple metal which is easy to look after & very recyclable.
What’s special about Netherton Foundry spun black iron pans?
Serious cooks and professional chefs love the way that black iron pans heat evenly and give great cooking performance.
The more you use your pan the better it gets as the seasoned patina develops.
A couple of handy tips:
- If you are cooking meat or fish - oil the food, not the pan
- Be patient; allow the food to cook before trying to turn it over.
- Don't fry food straight from the fridge, allow it to come up to room temperature.
The pan bodies are spun by hand, so each one is slightly different. They will not all be as flat as a billiard table. If you do want to keep it as flat as you can, then follow these simple guidelines.
- Every time you use the pan, heat it SLOWLY to frying temperature, then you can use full power. This is especially important if you are using powerful cooking hobs such as induction.
- Use a hob the same size as the pan base, small rings WILL warp big pans.
- Never drop a hot pan into cold water. This will buckle it.
If your pan has oak handles, the grain on every piece is unique and each one is branded by hand. They are like fingerprints, no two are identical.
Love your pan and follow our instructions for re-seasoning. Oven seasoning is kinder to the pan than hob top seasoning and it also gives a nicer looking finish. We suggest that you only use hob top seasoning, if your oven is too small for your pan or you are re-seasoning your wok. Your pan will develop with use and, if cared for, will age beautifully and be a friend for life.