Heavy duty, 1½ inch deep hand spun from 2mm thick black iron.
May be used in oven.
Perfect for range stoves, electric, gas, ceramic, halogen & induction hobs (heat slowly to keep flat).
The pans have the Netherton Foundry tried and tested pre-seasoned easy clean flax oil finish that can be restored at home when required.
- Pre-seasoned with flax oil for a natural non-stick finish
- Durable 99.1% pure iron pan with sturdy riveted handle
- Suitable for high temperature frying & browning
- Use on camping stoves and open fires.
- Can also be used on range stoves, electric, gas, ceramic, halogen & induction hobs (heat slowly to keep flat).
Why choose a pre- seasoned Pie Dish ?
Why use an Iron Pie Dish?
This iron dish is suitable for all types of ovens.
Iron is a pure, simple metal which is easy to look after & very recyclable.
The more you use your pan the better it gets as the seasoned patina develops.
A couple of handy tips:
- If you are cooking meat or fish - oil the food, not the pan
- Be patient; allow the food to cook before trying to turn it over.
- Don't fry food straight from the fridge, allow it to come up to room temperature.
The pan bodies are spun by hand, so each one is slightly different. They will not all be as flat as a billiard table. If you do want to keep it as flat as you can, then follow these simple guidelines.
- Every time you use the pan, heat it SLOWLY to frying temperature, then you can use full power. This is especially important if you are using powerful cooking hobs such as induction.
- Use a hob the same size as the pan base, small rings WILL warp big pans.
- Never drop a hot pan into cold water. This will buckle it.
Love your pan and follow our instructions for re-seasoning. Oven seasoning is kinder to the pan than hob top seasoning and it also gives a nicer looking finish. We suggest that you only use hob top seasoning, if your oven is too small for your pan or you are re-seasoning your wok. Your pan will develop with use and, if cared for, will age beautifully and be a friend for life.
- Weight 0.37kg,
- 5'' (13.0cm) top rim diameter
- 4" (10cm) base diameter
- 3/4'' (2cm) pan height
- 6" (15cm) handle