Isn't it amazing how one of the simplest recipes can have the most variation. Everyone seems to like their mash made differently. Some like it smooth and buttery, some prefer olive oil and a few rustic lumps. Are you a purist or do you like a few additions thrown in?
However you like your mash, we've got the tool for you. From the Classic short masher from Tala, to the slightly alien Spudnik - we've got one that is just right.
- The Tala Short Masher is ideal for those who prefer a horizontal grip. Mash potatoes comfortably with the protective handle that gives a safe grip. The size of the base of the masher means that you get good coverage and squeeze into those hard to reach areas of the saucepan.
- Often confused for a modern whisk, Smood has a soft multi-grip handle designed for efficient and comfortable working conditions in the kitchen. Effortlessly creates smooth mash in seconds, trapping food and forcing it through the thin gaps between the collapsing stainless steel spring coils. Unique spring design eliminates jarring on the wrist by absorbing the downward force.
- The KILO Perfect Masher will mash potatoes, vegetables, fruit and baby food. Specially designed to ensure the masher edges capture all of the potato for perfectly smooth mash, avoiding any clumping and lumps. Patented cutting blades in a diamond shaped to mash potatoes, vegetables, fruit, jam and infant’s food with minimum effort and speedily. Comfortable ergonomic non-slip handle for a good grip and effortless mashing, crushing, pressing and pureeing.
- Often seen used by a wide range of celebrity chef's to make extra fine mashed potatoes, fish cakes, fruit sauces, sweet potato mash and rosti, the MasterClass Steel Ricer is perfect for heavy duty use. Suitable for mashing any cooked root vegetables and pressing various fruits, impress your guests with a professional touch to your food
- The unique flower shape of Spudnik is designed to be rotated in the bowl rather than pounded. The tines slice through the potatoes at an angle and distribute the force. The result - perfect fluffy mash with less effort and in less time.
- Designed and manufactured in Norway, the HackitPLUS is a genius kitchen tool that easily and quickly breaks up mincemeat in the cooking pan - it also chops and mashes other foods like biscuits, avocado, berries, potatoes and vegetables with no fuss at all. The container is exactly the right size for the masher and has tall sides to stop food escaping or making a mess when chopping or crushing.
- The Zyliss Mini Masher is shaped to fit in smaller bowls when making baby food or dips such as guacamole. The Mini Masher is a must-have tool alongside your larger masher, with it's head shaped to allow the bowl to be scraped and scoop up any left over food. The Zyliss Mini Masher is the perfect tool for mashing smaller everyday ingredients, perfect for baby food, single servings, and a host of other tasks.